Current Calculator for Android
Advanced Assembly’s new mobile application is a must-have tool for all engineers working on printed circuit board designs. With multi-parameter inputs, the Current Calculator gives rough approximations of the temperature rise of copper wires at 20 degrees Celsius.
- Eliminates the hassles of cross-referencing paper charts.
- Provides critical design information in convenient, interactive format.
- Graphic parameter display shows interconnection of current, copper wire thickness and trace width.
- Uses curves of best fit applied to the IPC-2221’s external temperature rise chart
- Value based on number of amps and cross section of trace and fills in the imaginary line
- Input boxes for width, current and length
- Requires Android 2.1 and up.